At The Crescent we believe that all pupils should have the opportunities to share their pupil voice. We do this in a number of ways:
- Pupils have opportunities to take on student leadership roles which include: prefects, house captains, Head boy/Head girl/Deputy Head boy/Deputy Head Girl, Digital Leader, librarians, Play Leaders, Road Safety Officers, Eco Warriors and opportunities to take on specific roles in their class
- The school council play a major part in providing a structured and systematic approach to enable all pupils to share their ideas, views and concerns about the school and wider community
- Pupils have regular opportunities to discuss issues that may arise in school through structured activities like 'circle time'.
- The curriculum allows opportunities for pupils to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding when using their pupil voice.
- Pupils have opportuinities to create mind maps at the beginning of the topics and review their learning at the end of the topic
- We have recently been awarded level 1 of the Rights Respecting School award which recognises how the school encourages pupil voice.